Mental Capacity Act Workshop has been requested by families following on from discussions around Transition. MCA is effective from the age of of 16 and we would like to invite families of children aged 14+ to this event.
Workshop is free of charge and includes Refreshments and Sandwich Lunch (please let us know any dietary requirements).
Key Aims of the workshop are to inform you of the key messages of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Be aware of the five guiding principles and how they should be used.
- What it means to lack capacity.
- Be aware of the functional test for capacity
- Know that if a person lacks capacity for a specific decision there will be a decision maker.
- Be aware that whatever is put in place when the person lacks capacity must be in their Best Interest.
Please book your place here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/mental-capacity-act-workshop-tickets-35198080406