Parent Rep Training
It is important for PODS to grow and develop and we also want to empower a next generation of parent carers to support the key work of PODS Forum in ensuring that the parent carer voice is heard…
We have worked with a leading Parent Carer Forum in Peterborough to develop a Parent Rep Training course that will provide parent carers with the skills, knowledge and confidence to help us with our Participation aims – these may well be via strategic meetings, involvement in the community, or running focus groups for example – lots of ways in which we can involve each other.
The training course runs over 5 consecutive weeks, a team of 8 Parent Reps have already completed the first training course. Another training course will run in September (there are currently 4 places on this) course if you are interested in joining us.
The core themes of the training include:
- Week 1: covers the what, when, where, how and why of Parent Carer Participation;
- Week 2: covers communication – different types and barriers, greater understanding and active and efficient communication;
- Week 3: covers our Personal journey and how we share them appropriately and how they can be used to make a difference for others, whilst turning a negative into a positive experience;
- Week 4: covers Confidence and understanding own abilities, using feedback and looking after ourselves;
- Week 5: covers an understanding of structures of key partners and also how and where we influence.
The next training course will start on Tuesday 12th September and will take place at Park Lane Centre, Park Lane, Telford. TF7 5QZ.
For more information please contact Jayne Stevens by email: email@example.com